I wasn’t planning on writing about this, but it just turned out so yummy I have to share! ^^
I was looking for a recipe for something with spinach and of course I turned to Pinterest. I found this – rice and spinach casserole.
Let me tell you it is sooo simple and delicious.
I did some adjustments of course. I never follow the recipes to the dot and I never weigh things, I just eye ball it. Is that good? Probably not. Hhh x) But it works for me.
What I did was…
- Cheese (I used cheddar)
- Rice (brown in my case)
- Bread crumbs
- Greek yoghurt (I don’t know if that actually does anything for the recipe, but I put it in anyways lol)
- On a pan fry a bit of garlic, onion and spinach (I guess you could steam it too or put it in fresh, just chopped)
- Cook rice
- Mix everything in a big bowl: rice, spinach, carrot,cheese, egg, salami, milk, yoghurt
- Put it in an oiled baking dish and sprinkle with some bread crumbs
- Bake it in a preheated oven and toward the end put a bit more cheese on top for about 3-5 minutes so it melts nicely.
- Voila! That’s it!
Hat’s how I did it. You do your own thing.
If I had them, I would love to put mushrooms in. Next time. To make it healthier, cut out the cheese or maybe put in riccota.
Sorry for the pics. These are actually the only two I took to send to my friends on WhatsApp. That’s why they’re bad.
What are your favourite spinach recipes?
Are you gonna try this one? 😉
Like, comment and follow!
Also, check out my Instagram!
Bon apetit everyone and be well! =)